Friday, August 30, 2013

Its such a perfect day - I'm glad I spent it with you....

Ok,  so I've not been quite so disciplined about sticking to the 30 day blogging challenge as perhaps I thought I would be.    I can't claim to have been TOO busy to do it, though there has been a bit going on and so my thoughts turn to commitment and how much do I want this.  I want it.  That much I know but do I want it enough.  Being self employed brings all sorts of fears - mainly around money so this exercise has highlighted that I need to do some work around my fears and beliefs around money.  

My partner recently ran a 100 mile race in Berlin.  He trained hard, he lost about 20lbs in weight, he made sacrifices.  He ran his finest race to date.  On his laptop screen reads the quote The important thing is this: to be ready at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you could become.  I didn't really get it until after he had completed his race, read his blog and really understood how important the race had been to him. He has crossed the threshold from being a 'get rounder' to a 'ultra athlete'. He had sacrificed what he was in order to become a respectd athlete. It got me thinking about discipline, commitment and focus.  I know I have the ability to focus and to achieve things I really desire. I ran my first 100 mile race earlier this year and the last 40 miles were like a death march, quitting never entered my head even though I was struggling with nausea, tiredness, blisters and cramping.  I wanted that buckle and I would at that moment pushed myself to the point of collapse to earn it.  So what's different?  I'll keep pondering that one!

Anyway, lets get back on track - this 30 day blog challenge, like my 100 mile endurance run is a long slow affair, I may have missed the checkpoint cut offs but I AM going to finish and reap the rewards!

So day 5 - My Perfect Day  - what does it look like, feel like, smell like?

I wake up early, dawn is breaking, the birds are singing and a new day is beginning.  I wake up with my partner and after an exchange of affection we get up, straight into our running gear.  We head out onto the trails, the air is fresh, the wildlife startled as we are the first humans about this morning.  The dew sparkles in the morning sun.  All is still.  We run for an hour or so, hard but effortless at the same time, runs like that make me believe a sub 24hr 100 miler is possible!

Back home I shower, get changed and enjoy a breakfast of fresh fruit, nuts and seeds.  I then settle down to work in my clean uncluttered den.  Answering emails, catching up with clients and comments on social media, writing my blog, taking bookings, preparing workshops, writing another page or two of my soon to be best selling book on clearing clutter.  I may have private 1:1 clients to see, some over skype, some who come to my clinic in the garden house.  I work for about 5 hrs or so. 

Absorbed in my work I don't notice the time pass until lunch time - I realise I am hungry and prepare myself a salad of ripe avocado, salad leaves, seeds and dressing.  I catch up with my partner over lunch. 

 
After lunch I take a walk along the cliff top, enjoying the fresh breeze and sunshine.  This invigorates me.  I may spend the afternoon lazing about, catching up with my daughter, family or friends, spending time in the garden, doing photography, maybe clearing some more unwanted clutter from my life.   My partner and I chat and plan about up and coming trips and races we have booked. 

We eat dinner quite early, freshly cooked fish, vegetables, salad and fruit. And then settle down to a few more hours of work - catching up with clients, social media, writing, being creative, planning. 

We reconvene for a catch up of the day's events, maybe meet friends for a drink, or enjoy the late summer sunset.  About 10.30 I snuggle into clean fresh sheets for a restful and refreshing nights sleep in the knowledge that all is well, all is progressing as it should, reflecting on issues that have arisen and the learnings I have taken from them. 

I wonder what your perfect day would look like?   And how much of that can you already be doing, or taking steps towards doing it?  Certainly I can snuggle into clean fresh sheets every night if I wish, I can get up and out for a run first thing and I can eat good nourishing food.  What simple changes can you make to your life to take you a step or two nearer to everyday being your perfect day!

Until next time

Rachel x


30 day challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment